For a better working life
Director (m/f) Software Engineering
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life! We currently have an opening at our headquarters in Hamburg.
Our Platform Content unit is one of the biggest business units at XING and is responsible for the main XING platform, i.e. the core, growth, news and mobile teams. About 150 employees work with the latest technologies and create technical solutions that serve more than 10 million users in the German-speaking countries. For the growth cluster are we looking for the Director Software Engineering in Hamburg.
A challenging task
- As Director Engineering you are responsible for leading team leads, Agile Project Managers and Engineers within 4 cross-functional development teams.
- You will communicate with all executive levels (CTO, VP Engineering, Business Unit Head, etc.) to ensure alignment between the technology and product departments.
- You take an active part in XING's engineering management community and drive strategic technology projects.
You will proactively manage dependencies and help to clear impediments out of your
agile teams’ way.
- You will create a vision and strategy for your teams.
- You will build great services in collaboration with the product teams and peer with other engineering directors. You will support the product director with strategy, budget and roadmap planning.
Your work will have impact on one of the biggest clusters at XING and therefore you
have to optimize processes as well as come up with innovations.
A convincing background
You have previous experience as Technical Director or similar, coordinating several
teams in an international environment.
- You have a professional background in Software engineering and an agile and collaborative mind-set.
- You’re excited about understanding and optimising technology stacks.
- You are self-motivated and you take ownership - and encourage your teams to do the same.
- You are not content with the status quo, always looking to improve both yourself and your surroundings.
- You are open to listen to different opinions and you help your teams move forward.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English.
An inspiring environmentXING offers a dynamic environment located in the centre of Hamburg. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a Proficard public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we're doing (https://medium.com/xing-engineering) while also organising public user groups and coding events.
Sound good to you? Apply now using our quick and easy online form! We're looking forward to hearing from you!