For a better working life
Team Lead (m/w) Engineering
As part of our team in Munich, you and your teammates are responsible for the XING Events Market (https://www.xing.com/events), the best way to find business events in the DACH region. Within this excellent Scrum team, you will play an active part in shaping our product.
A challenging task
- Lead and grow a cross-functional development team currently consisting of six developers, two agile testers, and one working student
- Be a humble leader and coach, strengthening the team’s capability to organize and solve problems on their own
- Cover as much as possible of the team’s technology stack yourself. The web application and backend behind xing.com/events are being built upon Ruby on Rails, AMQP, MySQL, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch. Newer parts of the frontend are built in React, with most parts still using the proven Rails/jQuery combo. The team is also responsible for the Events parts of the XING iOS and Android native apps, each featuring more than 4 mio. downloads
- The team is a Scrum team, so the team lead position is about people management and development, and not about managing tasks
- Manage your team members as you support them to reach mastery in their skills and give them clear messages about their purpose and team identity
- Being a Senior developer yourself, you contribute to our products, and help the team shape a consistent and stable technical architecture
A convincing background
- Some experience leading a cross-functional team, and at least one year of experience in managing people in a software engineering environment
- Extensive experience in designing and building software
- Demonstrated experience, at least 2 years, in building web or mobile applications that serve the user and scale as well
- Sound understanding of algorithms, data structures and general software development patterns, especially OOP
- Experience in consuming and implementing REST APIs
- Having worked with Ruby on Rails before is nice, but it is not mandatory. What is mandatory is a willingness to learn new stuff when necessary. Recently for us this was e.g. GraphQL, Docker, Mobile App test automation, and React
- Experience in developing native mobile applications in iOS or Android is helpful
- Good understanding of database technologies
- You share our attitude towards software development as a craft, constantly expanding your personal toolbox, and are willing to take responsibility
- Willing and able to coach other developers
- Willing and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluent communication in English, as that is the team’s working language
- Having worked in a SCRUM team before is a plus, as is active participation in some technology community such as an open source project, or a meetup
Ein Umfeld, das begeistertSie arbeiten im Herzen Münchens in einem innovativen und dynamischen Arbeitsumfeld. Wir bieten Ihnen flexible Arbeitszeiten sowie vielfältige Gestaltungs- und Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten, Sprachkurse, regelmäßige Teamevents und eine Menge Spaß neben der Arbeit. Sie erwartet eine abwechslungsreiche Tätigkeit in einem motivierten und sympathischen Team, ein unkomplizierter Umgang miteinander und vielfältige Möglichkeiten, seine eigenen Ideen einzubringen.
Und ja, wir haben auch Getränke und Bio-Obst gratis für alle. Und Essensgutscheine. Und Sie bekommen ein Smartphone oder ein iPad zur privaten Nutzung. Und die Proficard. Und Fitnessangebote. Und…
Wir sind Open Source Contributor (https://github.com/xing) und lassen die Welt an unseren Entwicklungen teilhaben (https://medium.com/xing-engineering). Außerdem organisieren wir Public User Groups und Coding Events.
Klingt gut? Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung – einfach und schnell über unser Onlineformular!