For a better working life
iOS Engineer (m/f)
Olá Porto! XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We already work with more than 200 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 5 locations in Europe – and we have discovered the same mindset in Porto! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint here. We are looking for passionate software developers to help us build products that our users love.
The challenge if you are up for it
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product;
- You work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context;
- You will be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code.
What we are looking for
- Professional mobile and device programming experience;
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON, maybe even complemented by some backend experience;
- Proficient in Objective-C, and ideally also in Swift, as that is what we are migrating our code to;
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Knowledge about general software development patterns;
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing;
- You are used to work with collaboration tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins;
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles;
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks would be a big plus;
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change;
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts;
- You are fluent in English.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users;
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you;
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Real training and conferences
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world
- Free fruit, fresh bread, drinks, snacks and much more
- English and German lessons
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://medium.com/xing-engineering) and organize public user groups and coding events.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application! Just send us an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound good to you? Apply now using our quick and easy online form! We're looking forward to hearing from you!