For a better working life
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (m/f) - Ruby on Rails
As part of our team in Munich, you and your teammates are responsible for the XING Events Market (https://www.xing.com/events), the best way to find business events in the DACH region. Within this excellent SCRUM team, you will play an active part in shaping our product.
A challenging taskYou will implement new features for the XING platform with a good test coverage. We do not work alone, but we collaborate with other development teams at XING, connecting our apps using REST and AMQP. We are all full-stack developers, and as part of the team you will build complete features from end to end. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are also coaching other developers to help them become better in our craft. The events market is built on a Ruby on Rails backend, using MySQL, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch. In the frontend, we use React in the newer parts, and jQuery in the older ones. The team also has developers working on the XING iOS and Android apps, and part of the job is to work together with them on new features, and provide them with the right API calls. At XING, we use Github Enterprise to manage our code base. We heavily use open source projects, and contribute back regularly (see also https://github.com/xing). The team’s working language is English.
Ein Background, der überzeugt
- Extensive experience in designing and building software.
- Demonstrated experience, at least 2 years, in building web applications that serve the user and scale as well.
- Sound understanding of algorithms, data structures and general software development patterns, especially OOP.
- Experience in implementing and consuming REST APIs.
- Having worked with Ruby on Rails before is nice, but it is not mandatory. What is mandatory is a willingness to learn new stuff when necessary. Recently for us this was e.g. GraphQL, Docker, Mobile App test automation, and React.
- Good understanding of database technologies.
- You share our attitude towards software development as a craft, constantly expanding your personal toolbox, and are willing to take responsibility.
- Be able and willing to coach other developers and be fluent in English.
- Having worked in a SCRUM team before is a plus, as is active participation in some technology community such as an open source project, or a meetup.
An inspiring environmentXING Events offers a dynamic environment located in the center of Munich with an excellent rooftop terrace. As well as flexible working hours that support your work-life balance, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We do regular team and offsite events, and we send you to conferences, such as the Full-stack Fest in Barcelona. Furthermore, you have the option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week. Of course, we also provide free drinks and fruit as well as restaurant vouchers. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
Sound good to you? Apply now using our quick and easy online form! If you have any questions please contact us via Whats-App (0176-755 77 814). We're looking forward to hearing from you!