For a better working life
Full Stack or Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f)
for a brand new team-setup!
Olá Porto! We already work with more than 200 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 5 locations in Europe – and we have discovered the same mindset in Porto! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint here. We are looking for passionate software developers to help us build products that our users love.
What we are looking for
- You are a passionate Developer in diverse programming languages, experienced in Ruby on Rails.
- You have a university or polytechnical degree in software engineering or relevant experience.
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills (english a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
The challenge, if you are up for itYou will implement new features for the XING platform with a good test coverage. We do not work alone: we collaborate with other development teams at XING, connecting our apps using REST and AMQP. We are all full-stack developers, and as part of the team you will build complete features from end to end. In your team, you are also coaching each other to become better in your crafts and learn from each other. Our platform is built on a Ruby on Rails backend, using MySQL, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch. In the frontend, we use React in the newer parts, and jQuery in the older ones. The team also has developers working on the XING iOS and Android apps, and part of the job is to work together with them on new features, and provide them with the right API calls. At XING, we use Github Enterprise to manage our code base. We heavily use open source projects, and contribute back regularly (see also https://github.com/xing). The team’s working language is English.
An inspiring environmentThis block usually lists all the benefits of working in the location we are hiring for. As one of the first team members of our new office, we will need you to help us define this section for Porto, to create the right environment that you and your colleagues will love coming to work to in the morning. Find some ideas that we'll be using as blue-prints here: https://corporate.xing.com/en/karriere/benefits .
We offer attractive, above market compensation.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply send an Email with your contact information and a CV or link to an online-CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet:
contact Torben Schwellnus directly on XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Torben_Schwellnus
Sound good to you? Apply now using our quick and easy online form! We're looking forward to hearing from you!